Monday, September 8, 2008

What issues matter for me this election

The issue that is probably the most important to me is Americas foreign policy. I'm not trying to pick a fight but, personally I believe that the Bush administration has done a terrible job with foreign policy. Afghanistan was and is still a completely justifiable war, Iraq on the other hand is not. I know its obviously too late to change the fact that we are there and have to finish the job, but it just been an enormous waste of time, energy, and most importantly people. The Bush administration also has done a terrible job working with allies and has alienated many of Americas friends. Also how they have done nothing to help the worsening situation in Africa. But enough of my complaining about current problems, I just hope whoever does win this election does a much better job with foreign policy.

Another important election issue is the energy crises. We all know America uses too much oil and is a big contributor to global warming. It's encouraging to see that both candidates are promising to make America switch to safer alternative fuels that are much less damaging towards the environment. Obama seems to be the more green candidate than John McCain, often promising to take further steps, and use slightly more creative means of achieving a greener America. John McCain still doesn't seem to want to give up on oil, he still wants to drill offshore (I know Obama wants to drill too) and keep oil a large part of Americas energy plan.

There are many more issues that i care about But these are the two that matter the most to me for this election.

5 comments:

Sara V said...

I also think that these are 2 very important issues in the upcoming election. Unfortunately I do not know much about either candidate's positions on these topics but I hope to find out more soon.

whopkins said...

I agree, both of these issues are very important. I also agree that it is a shame how we overlooked the problems in Africa and did nothing to help. I am very interested to see what both candidates will do about the energy crises.

Elsa Dithmer said...

I am not very familiar with foriegn policy and I think it is very intersting that it is your topic of choice. I am excitied to learn more about it especially since I will be reading your letter to the editor and what not.

Xander said...

People seem to be extremely concerned about energy in this election. I didn't realize that it was so big. The fact that people continue to talk about the energy crisis, and the candidate's solutions for them is something that I will continue to watch in the debates, and articles.

Justin S. said...

Watch the video on my blog for a different prospective on the war in iraq them come back and talk about it i would go ahead and talk about it but he says far better than i ever could.